Frank Roop

...what I like about the Designer, Frank Roop is that he incorporates all different periods of style in his interiors in a very unique way. Also most of what he uses are antiques, which is really a plus (for me at least!), or if not, they're of his own design. If I had it the way he did, I'd travel all overseas and all over the US to find numerous vintage collections as he does. [I mention some of my favorites underneath the visuals]. His use of color is always done nice too, never too much or too little and uses them carefully as well. For example, when he uses shades of green he doesn't overwelm the environment by putting too much green, its just enough, add a little blue and always creates a relaxed, but exciting environment. I have to admit, I tend to not like any of his most outrageous luxurious settings, but most of what he creates is rarely on that line. He has been featured all over including these well-known publications: Elle Decor, House Beautiful, Metropolitan Home, Veranda, Traditional Home, Gourmet Magazine, Boston Magazine and Boston Globe.

This little reading nook to the right is awesome. It really distributes a better feel of the room instead of a straight box in the corner...



Though this nook is pretty symmetrical, he adds lighting, a frame, and shelves closely next to it to give it more structure.
First off, my passion for bay windows.......ahhh Is big. Add this vintage cornflower blue sofa and yes, its dreamy.



5 gives love:

drollgirl said...

beautiful, especially the bay window and the nook.

Nicki's Notebook said...

love that reading nook ! just found your blog, its great! xx

Anonymous said...

I think that deep down, JP wants to be an interior designer.

Anonymous said...

...my passion for creativity is limitless Anonymous BRADLEY!

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

what lovely rooms! so gorgeous :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
top